While RPRA will be responsible for the oversight, compliance and enforcement of the new regulatory requirements for tires, our activities will not replicate those of OTS in the current program. For example:
In the new model, RPRA:
- registers responsible parties such as producers, PROs, collectors, haulers, retreaders and processors;
- collects data from registered parties through its Registry; and
- performs compliance and enforcement activities to ensure participants are collecting and recycling tires as required by law.
In the new model, RPRA will not
- be involved in the collection and recycling of tires, as that will be the responsibility of tire producers; and
- pay collection, transportation or processing incentives.